These instructional modules are a practicle guide for better understanding Legal Issues, Transition Assessment and Evaluation Accommodations, Instructional Modifications and Accommodations, and Behavior Management for students from special populations participating in Career and Technology Education.
The DVD and website has been designed for optimal use by CTE teachers, special educators, administrators and other education personnel concerned with providing comprehensive services to their special education students placed in CTE classrooms.
The DVD and website content is arranged into four modules in the following order:
- Laws and Legal Issues Related to Special Ed.: What do CTE teachers neeed to know?
- Transition Assessment and Evaluations: How can CTE teachers ensure students make suitable transition decisions?
- Instructional Strategies: Helping CTE Teachers make good instructional choices
- Behavior and Classroom Management: Implementing successful plans in your CTE classroom
Each training module is designed to be stand-alone and can be viewed one at a time.
Each module is further divided into several relevant topics and users can choose to view a topic in order to answer specific questions relating to it.
We intend for the DVD and website to be used a train-the-trainer tool and we encourage users to make unlimited use of it in public forums such as classrooms, workshops etc.
The training manual provides users with notes, application work sessions and handouts for each training module in addition to reference lists for trainers as well as workshop participants/DVD and website viewers.
The DVD, accompanying training manual and reference material are available to teachers and other interested users in the state of Texas from several sources:
- The CTSP Website: http://ctsp.tamu.edu/
- Hard copies are available from:
- Your Region Service Center
- CTSP Center
- Texas Education Agency
To view the streaming video featured on this web site your computer must have either a Quicktime Movie Player or Windows Media Player. You can download the players from the following web sites:
* Note: If the streaming video seems pixilated check to make sure that your movie viewer is set to view in “100%” or “Actual Size.”