Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Answers to your questions are just a click away!

If your question is not answered, please submit a support ticket.

« Back

What can I do if I believe that a student with special needs has been inappropriately placed in my class? Who can I talk to about the student's progress or lack of progress in my class?

First, look for the ARD packet and the signature page within that packet. This page will inform you about who attended the ARD, represented CTE and who the student’s representatives are. Next, speak to the student’s special education representative to determine why your class was recommended as an appropriate course of study. In addition, seek assistance from the special education representative (sometimes referred to as the tracking teacher or case manager). This teacher can assist you with the development of accommodations/modifications that were recommended by the ARD. If despite continued collaboration and documentation of efforts, at the end of six weeks the student is not making satisfactory progress call an ARD based on your district’s policies.

Was this article helpful? yes / no

Article details

Article ID:   52
Category: Best Practices: CTE Teachers Role in ARD Meetings
Views:  189

« Back